Monday, March 10, 2014

Milk Carton and Votive Tutorial


Hey there everyone. I'm excited to share my first tutorial with you today.
I decided to use Deena's new Milk Carton Gift Box Cutting File and her papers from last month's release Every Little Bit Smitten.
drutter_dcut_milkcarton_box_900previewdrutter_everylittlebit_smitten_paper_900preview
Here's a little tutorial of how I altered her cutting file to create a cute little box with a lid, and also a votive holder using Silhouette Studio.







To be honest, my printer has been acting up, so I decided to use my colour laser, which works best with regular paper, so in order to give some strength to this milk carton, I first cut it out with plain white cardstock, then I attached the printed paper to the outside of the shape and trimmed it up with a craft knife. Below are the final results.





To finish it all up I added some vellum over the 'windows' in the votive, and a nice lacey bow to the box lid.


No comments: