Saturday, September 8, 2012

Fab Friday Birthday

Well there is a new challenge blog out there called Fab Friday.  
I thought I'd try my hand at their sketch this week.
It looks so fresh and simple and open to interpretation.
You can click the link above, or on the photo, to check out this new blog.
 
 
I needed to make a birthday card for my nephew who is turning 6.
So I pulled out some retired paper that I've been hoarding and got to work.
The only problem was that I couldn't decide on how to combine the paper.
So, I made a ton of cards.  This creates a problem.
Which card should I enter in the challenge?
So I've decided to enter a few.

 
 
To make these cards I used the pennant punch to punch out triangles.  Then I attached them to the back of another strip of paper.  I only revealed half of each triangle, so that they look like mini pennants.  The sentiment is from the banner set, and the button above is one of the new buttons from the current mini catty.  I added an extra one to the card above to balance things out.   Below I added a strip of white card stock to emphasize the pennants.  Otherwise they got a bit lost against the DSP background.  And this button is one of the Regals buttons.



5 comments:

Amanda Mertz said...

Great use of all the different patterns of DSP! The mini banners are adorable too! Thanks for playing along with us at Fab Friday!

Anonymous said...

Sandra, what a great way to use this particular DSP. I love the little pennants and the buttons. Thanks for the inspiration.

Marla Reed said...

Great birthday card! The patterns and colors make it so fun! I love the pennant border- fantastic finishing touch! Thanks for playing at Fab Friday!

Brenda Myers said...

Cute cards!! Love the flags!! Thank you for playing with us at Fab Friday!!!

Bada-Bing Creations said...

This is adorable and such a fresh take on the sketch! Very festive! Thanks for playing at Fab Friday!