Saturday, August 18, 2012

Colourful Holidays


Check out all these colours.
Do they make you think of a particular holiday?

No?...

I don't know why, but I was in a really silly mood today,
and I whipped up a bunch of Christmas Cards.



I love this new set from the Holiday Mini
It's called Evergreen.

Firstly I tried some new In Colours
Gumball Green and Summer Starfruit.
Not that unusual a Christmas combination.


Then I tried another tactic.
I pulled out the DSP in this card from the new Festival Of Prints DSP stack.
And I tried out the In Colour combination of Island Indigo and Pool Party
Not quite traditional, but reminiscent of frosty days.


I really like how this tree outline works with the sentiment stamps.
So I decided to try out one of my favourite colour combos
of Stampin' Up! colours - Concord Crush and Wisteria Wonder.


and finally I tried out the In Colour,  Primrose Petals 
with Pretty in Pink for a radical, non-traditional combo.
I really like this combo for some reason.


As you can see from the first picture
 I made 2 copies of each card, for a nice set of eight.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Look good! LOL!
Yesterday was fun! Going to try to finish the cards today - just need to figure out how to get the sides embossed ...

Maria@Crafty Cre8tions said...

Great job with this Xmas set of cards! Love all the fun colors!!!!

Thanks for your blog visit :)