Monday, May 21, 2012

Polka Dots????? Say WHAT??



Yeah, sorry about the wierd title.  I'm in a funny mood.  :)
I've made 6 cards and a scrapbook page this past 24 hours. 
My head is spinning.


I made this card to fit in two challenges.
The Paper Players has a Polka Dot Recipe Challenge
And Pals Paper Arts has a sketch challenge.



So I combined them both.


This card has a bit of a story behind it.
I was cleaning up my scrapping / dining room tonight after my creative flurry.
And, well, I'm sure most of you know that Stampin' Up! is coming out
with a new catalogue at the end of the month.

And, that means new In Colors.

This card is made out of the retiring In Colors.

I am really, really, really going to miss this palette.
Concord Crush has got to be my most favourite SU colour EVER!!!

And sometimes,

just sometimes,

Sometimes, In Colours come back to be part of the regular colour families.
Remember how Baja Breeze and Riding Hood Red started out??
So here's hoping that some of these colours return some day.


ESPECIALLY

Concord Crush.



8 comments:

Narelle Farrugia said...

lol…funny post! I love this card - what a great way to use up your DSP. Thanks for joining us this week at the Paper Players!

Janet Y said...

I love your card so simple and pretty. I made mine using the retiring In Colours too! I love Concord and Poppy and will miss them alot! TFS.

Janet - stampinnerd.blogspot.com

Ann Schach said...

Very creative! I love all of the polka dot banners! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players and Pals Paper Arts!

LeAnne said...

What a COOL way to use up your polka dot scraps! Thanks for playing with us and sharing this fun creation!

Jenn Picard said...

Yes you and your purples!!!! Love how you used up those scraps of DSP, such a fun card. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players.

Heidi said...

Cute idea with the polka dotted banners! I like how you curled up the edges. Glad you joined in the fun at The Paper Players!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Such a pretty way to showcase the colors and the pretty polka dotted paper, Sandra! I am going to miss those retiring in-colors, as well...especially Poppy Parade. Love your card! Thanks for joining us this week at the Paper Players! :)

Linda Callahan said...

Hello you! You are always so clever - love the dotted banners! Hope life is good in the north country :)