Monday, January 23, 2012

Leadership Displays - Take FIVE


Ever create something and like it so much that you just can't believe that you are the one that made it?  Well that's how I felt when I finished this page.  It's an 8 x 8 page I made for the displays at Leadership this year.  This is one of my absolute favourite photos of Connor.  He's 3 years old in this picture and I cropped it because it's actually from a photo of Connor and Teagan on the Laz-y-boy and he's been busy pushing her and bothering her (she's 2 years old) and the expression on her face is pure fury, but Connor looks like a little angel.


The stamps and paper are from the new Sale-a-bration Catalogue.  I pulled the colours from the paper and added Cherry cobbler.  Banners are really trendy in papercrafting this year, so I added a banner with Connor's name.  I decided to try and make my banner a bit more unique, so I used various punches to create the various shapes of each banner flag.  The letters of his name are in the stamps from the Outlined Occasions SAB set, so I stamped them in Cherry Cobler on white.  then I carefully coloured in around themso that they look like they are actually stamped on Cherry Cobbler paper, not on Whisper White.

I used the linen thread and dipped it in Crystal Effects and then attached it to the DSP.  Next I added the flags of the banner by using Stampin' Dimensionals Finally I added the letters, also with Stampin' Dimensionals for more dimension.  I tied the little bows by themselves, and then I cut them down and glued them on top of the longer thread to finish off the ends (as in the photo below)


Finally, I stamped most of the images from the Fresh Vintage SAB set and cut them out by hand or with punches.  I layered them all up to create a bit of a collage.

1 comment:

Deb B (Debadoo) said...

Great job! It's a very pretty page, but a bit rustic too. I love the banner, and the page sort of reminds me a bit of a package that's gone through the mail with the twine, the bent over corner and the postage stamp punch pieces.