Friday, December 2, 2011

Redecorating my crafting room

 Last week I posted briefly about a flood in our basement.  Well last week we had a few wet puddles in the corners.  The drain tile work started on monday, but Sunday morning we woke up to this...


Nope, that's not a shiny laminate floor in my crafting room - it's 2 inches of water through my entire house!!!

Here's some more shots of my floating craft room.  My kids were shocked into silence when they ran down the stairs.  Connor was so surprised that he calmly stepped onto his hockey bag, picked up his shoes, and went back over to the stairs to put them on.  Brad and I were getting everything together to go out, so when we stepped down the stairs, there was Connor quietly putting his shoes on, and Teagan standing there watching him as our shoes and sports gear literally floated around the mudroom.  My craft room is just off the mudroom, so I'll let the pictures tell the rest of the story.  Well it looks like we will be getting new flooring and all kinds of restoration work in our basement.  I'm actually looking forward to renovating my crafting space.  But, the timing is, shall we say, inconvenient?  Christmas is only 3 weeks away and all.
Ah well, I have now taken over the dining room for the forseable future and let the family know that our traditional Christmas Day brunch is probably not happening.  I can't imagine entertaining 30 people with all the stuff from the basement being stored all over the living space upstairs.  But anyway, the bright side is that I will be getting a new crafting space - I can't wait for that!


2 comments:

Nikki Spencer said...

Nice to hear your a glass half full kinda girl! A lovely new craft space is awesome, just a shame the timing is not so good....:0) Good luck with your clean-up & have a lovely Christmas.

Shanda Stirk said...

Wow! not so great! It looked like such a nice space as it was - hopefully it will all work out really well.