Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Stampin' Royalty Challenge #93


Today at Stampin' Royalty we have a Photo Inspiration Challenge for you.  This past weekend it was Canadian Thanksgiving, and I was still feeling the spirit of thankfulness when I decided to make this card.



When I decided to make this card, I remembered a card I saw on Sankari Wegman's site last week.  Click here for her original card.  I knew I wanted to make that background fan of leaves.  Unfortunately I do not own any leaf stamps that are current.  So - TA DA!!! My Digital Studio to the rescue.  Yes, it's yet another hybrid card.  They seem to be becoming my speciality.  (I just reread that sentence - does it make sense??)  I think you get what I mean. 

 I have French Foilage in a digital brush set, so I printed it out in fall colours - Riding Hood Red, Pear Pizzazz, Peach Parfait, and Soft Suede.  Then I cut them out (fussy cutting style) and layered them to make a fan shape. 


 If you've checked out Sankari's original card, she used a much smaller button, but, who can resist these fabulously large buttons from the Spice Cake suite?  I used a narrow strip of the matching fabric to tie a little bow in the mddle.


 After I had finished the card, I decided that the top of the card was missing 'something'.  So I added some triangles to the corners and a few of the cute little button brads from the Vintage Trinkets.  That seemed to add the perfect finish to the card.

 The Fun Stuff:
1.    Paper - Spice Cake DSP, Early Espresso, Soft Suede, Very Vanilla
2.    Ink - Riding Hood Red, Soft Suede, Pear Pizzazz, Peach Parfait, Early Espresso
3.    Digital Stamp Brushes - French Foilage, Hand Penned Holidays
4.    Accessories - Spice Cake Designer Fabric, Spice Cake Designer Buttons,Vintage Trinkets, Square Lattice Textured Impressions Folder for the Big Shot, Stampin' Dimensionals


3 comments:

jjcreations said...

This is a gorgeous card - I love all your elements...the fan arrangement of leaves, how you tied the button with fabric (brilliant!), and the little corners you added to the top. Fantastic.

Georgeann Manning said...

My Digital Studio has saved my bacon many times too! don't you just love it? This card is amazing... So beautiful! you are so incredibly talented!!

Sarah said...

Very cute! I love the leaves!