Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Colour Q Challenge #104

This card was made for today's Colour Q Challenge.  It's a fabulous colour challenge, but because it's Colour Q's 2year anniversary, we have the added challenge of using a prior Colour Queen as inspiration.  I chose the Colour Queen for Challenge #58, Carrie Gaskin, the Artistic Avenger, my sideline, and fellow Vancouverite.  Click here to check out her fabulous blog. 
It's not easy to see where my inspiration came from, but I really like the layout of Carrie's Card.  I struggled with how to add the butterflies so that they made sense.  You don't often see butterflies in December.  My card was also inspired by the fabulous Spice Cake DSP and Fabric.  I used the scrap from some fabric I used with the Tasteful Trims Die for the Big Shot.  The image was stamped with brown Staz0n on watercolouring paper.  Then I used an Aquapainter and ink pads to watercolour in the image.  I went over the girl's coat with a Stampin' Write marker to make the colour more bold.  I added a bit of Rose Red as an accent colour and of course I sponged like crazy to add a roughed up feel.



2 comments:

Patrice said...

These colors are great for Christmas!

Marlena M. said...

Such a terrific Christmas card! I love the vintage look. ;)