Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Stampin Royalty Challenge #87

 This week we have a timely challenge for you at Stampin' Royalty.  This week our theme is
 BACK TO SCHOOL. 
And most of us here in Canada are heading back to school on Tuesday.  As a teacher, I always have such mixed feelings this time of year.  Good thing I love my job right!! 
When I saw this stamp set (Recess) in the summer Mini I knew I had to have it, but I need to say that it's now retired as we are about to go live with the Holiday Mini tomorrow.  I love this set, and it was really good for me to work on my colouring.  On these cards I used ink pads and a blender pen for most of it.  I can't seem to find my watercolour paper anywhere, and I just don't have the knack for watercolouring on Whisper White.  Anyway, these were all done on Whisper white with a Blender Pen, and then I used my new frames textured impression folders, and a variety of In Colour cardstock and made the frames for each picture.  The background was stamped tone on tone for a more subtle look.  Scroll down for closeups of each card and a list of supplies at the bottom.






The Fun Stuff:


1. Stamps - Recess

2. Ink – Island Indigo, Soft Suede, Daffodil Delight, Basic Black, Blush Blossom, Peach Parfait, Calypso Coral, Concord Crush, Pear Pizzazz, Wisteria Wonder, Pool Party, Poppy Parade, Pretty In Pink, Blushing Bride, More Mustard, Crumb Cake

3. Card Stock – Whisper White, Peach Parfait, Crumb Cake, Whisper White, Poppy Parade, Concord Crush, Island Indigo,

4. Accessories – Designer Frames Textured Impressions Folder for Big Shot, Black Satin Ribbon

1 comment:

Brandi Wiggins-Côté said...

These are all so CUTE!!! That is such an adorable set. Great job on the challenge and I hope your back to school week went by without a hitch. Mine was as smooth as silk!

Hugs,
Brandi