Thursday, August 4, 2011

Artisan Blog Hop Day #2

Welcome to Day #2 of the Artsan Award Blog Hop.  If you didn't get a chance to come by yesterday, let me explain.  This years' Artisan Award winners are having a BLOG HOP.  We're going to show you all of our winning projects, and let you know a bit about how we made them.  If you check out all projects over the whole hop you will see 100 winning projects.  So don't forget to stop by tomorrow!   Underneath my project, you will find a link to the next blog on the tour, and at the very bottom of this post you will find a complete list of all 10 blogs, in case you get lost on the tour.  You should have just come from Connie Collins' blog. Isn't she terribly talented.  I love her work.
This card was the very first card I made for this contest.  I used the (now retired) simply scrappin kit One Great Year.  My absolute favourite Colour Combo is purple and green, so when I first saw last year's catty, I fell in love with this kit.  In actual fact, this is the only thing I made with this poor kit.  But lucky me, it worked out.  One of the things I tried to do with my entries is to use SU product in an unexpected way.  So I used the sticker the stamp to come up with this unusual sentiment.  The Decorative Label punch has a purple border, because I used another cut out from the punch to mask the edges and sponged around to made this little border.  I jazzed the whole thing up with rhinestones, mini pearls, and brads.
I hope you enjoyed today's project, now hop on over to Heidi King's blog to see her next amazing project.

SUPPLIES:
Stamps - Birthday Bliss
Cardstock – Elegant Eggplant, Whisper White
DSP - One Great Year Simply Scrappin’ Kit
Classic Ink – Elegant Eggplant
Adhesives – SNAIL adhesive, Sticky Strip, Stampin’ Dimensionals
Punches - Decorative Label
Accessories – Neutrals Brads, Basic Rhinestones Jewels, Basic Pearls Jewels,


THE ARTISAN AWARD WINNERS BLOG HOP 2011
1. Connie Collins  
2. Sandra Farrell   (You are here)
3. Heidi King  
4. Heather Klump   
5. Cheryl LeFore   
6. Laura Mellinger
7. Jennifer Picard    
8. Heather Stevens
9. Summer Stone    
10. Heather Summers

9 comments:

Teri C said...

So pretty!

Connie Collins said...

Sandra,
I love how you used the stickers from the kit to make an unusual, eye-catching focal point for your card.

Heather Klump said...

So pretty, I love the depth! Amazing work girl!

Heidi said...

love the detail and way you used the stickers. I always love these kits but never end up putting the stickers to use! Great job.

Brandi Wiggins-Côté said...

Gorgeousness, lady! The blog hop is wonderful so far! TFS!

Hugs,
Brandi

Anonymous said...

Love how you used the SSK and genius how you created a mask to sponge the edges of the decorative label.

summerki said...

this is a great card. i love the layout and how you added details with the pearls and brads give it more depth.

Texas JennyWren said...

Love how the doileys look like cogs in a wheel. This is called Steam Punk, did you know that? I just learned about this word last month and have now seen it everywhere! ha ha Cute card.

lmel09 said...

I love the color combo Sandra-lovely card!