Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Stampin Royalty Challenge #81


This week we have a sketch challenge at Stampin Royalty.  I used several pieces that I received at Convention last week.  The background paper is from the new DSP Timeless Portrait.  The large die cut is one I received in my Make-n-take bag.  This shape is available in the On Board Merry Medley die cut chipboard.  My prediction is that it will be a new Big Shot die.  Stampin Up! sometimes shows die cuts in their catty that are then available the following year.  Think about that Butterfly on the cover of the catty a few years back, and then the Big Beautiful Bigz die became availalble in the catty the next year.
Anyway, back to the card.  The medallion in the middle - see photo to the right - was given to me at Convention.  I took part of a Full Fancy Card Swap (Dont' worry, I will share all the awesome samples soon)  When we took part of the swap, we were given this medallion with a clothespin on the back so we could pin it to our convention name tag.  I knew I wanted to reuse this, and this weeks card was  the perfect place to put it.
I had this strip of Peach Parfait (orange) which was cut out with the Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border punch, just lying around, and I decided that it added a nice punch of colour.  Next I took a strip of Very Vanilla, and embossed it with the Finial Press Texured Impresion Folder for the Big Shot.  I then mounted the entire piece on Basic Black cardstock.
The Fun Stuff::
1.  Paper - Cherry Cobbler, Whisper White, Basic Black, River Rock, Crumb Cake, Peach Parfait, Island Indigo, First Edition DSP
2.  Stamps -
3.  Ink - Cherry Cobbler
4. Accessories - Perfect Pennant, Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border punch,  Finial Press Texured Impresion Folder, Large Star Punch, Small Oval Punch, Linen Thread

No comments: