Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Stampin Royalty Challenge #75

This week we have a theme challenge at Stampin' Royalty.  In honour of Father's Day we'd like to see projects featuring Fathers.  Click here to see the fabulous samples made by the design team. 
This page features a photo of me and my dad when we caught a 25 lb Salmon.  I was 9 years old. We did it together on the waters of Howe Sound - just outside of Vancouver.  I remember a lot about this day because Dad and I both rode the fish to the boat.  You see, you need to really tire out a fish this big or it might break the line.  You reel in the fish, and then let the line go free so the fish can swim away, then you reel it back in again.  Well, I think I got tired before the fish did, so my Dad helped me.  We had to run all over the boat with the rod as the fish darted in and around the boat trying to break free.  It was really exciting and it took quite a while until we were able to reel it in.  In the end, Dad brought the fish to the side of the boat and I used the net to catch it.  I just about fell in the ocean when the fish fell in the net and started flipping around.  It is my greatest memory with my Dad.
Anyway, back to the scrapbooking.  I used My Digital Studio to make this page.  I pulled out all the flower images that I could.  I "stamped" each flower in Whisper White and then added a drop shadow in Marina Mist.  It created this interesting layered look.  I changed the colour photo to Sepia because we are wearing some scary 70's colours. 

1 comment:

Sheila said...

Great layout, Sandra! I can only imagine what those 70's colours could be. ;)

Sheila