Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Stampin Royalty Challenge #45

This week at Stampin Royalty we're challenging you to an inspiration challenge. Tomorrow is Remembrance Day here in Canada. You might know it as Vetran's Day or Armistice Day. With this photo montage below we challenge you to honour those who have given their lives for your country. Wherever you come from, this challenge is for you.

So here's how I made this card. First I stamped the "wreath" using the medallion stamp. I stamped it with Garden Green on Whisper White, and I carefully cut it out and also cut out the middle to get a wreath shape. I got this idea from the fabulous Arielle Gordon. Click here for her blog. The poppies were cut out of the DSP which is available as a hostess set, I also used Glimmer Brads as the poppy centres. I used Real Red Satin Ribbon across the wreath and cut the letters out using the Naturally Serif Sizzlit die for the Big Shot. The gold paper came on the inside of a Christmas Card I received last year. The Lavendar Ribbon is made using retired ribbon from the Fairy Tale Ribbon Originals available on the Clearance Rack.

The Fun Stuff
1. Stamps – Medallion
2. Paper – Whisper White, Garden Green, In Color DSP
3. Ink – Garden Green, Poppy Parade
4. Accessories – Glimmer Brads, Naturally Serif Sizzlits Strip Die, Real Red Satin Ribbon, Fairy Tale Ribbon Originals, Stampin Dimensionals

8 comments:

Autumn Mist said...

What a beautiful card, and such a thoughtful way to commemorate such an important occasion.

Monique said...

This is simply beautiufl..My grandpa was in Normandy on D day.. Let us not forget :)..

Jean Fitch from jlfstudio said...

Fabulous Card. Brought tears to my eyes. The perfect symbol of remebrance...a wreath. Reminded me of all the years growing up in Washington D.C. when my Mom would take me to the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier for special days like Veterans'Day and we would watch the laying of the wreath. Thanks for the memories this card engendered.

CraftinGranny said...

Thank you so much for remembering those that protect our countries. My husband is retired military and these types of festivities always bring back memories of what our service personnal have done to keep our countries safe! Beautiful project!!!! Thanks for joining us at For Fun this week. Hope to see you back next week. "Hugs" Carol

Lisa said...

Beautiful card and beautiful reason for making it! Thanks so much for sharing it with us this week at For Fun!

Lady8i8 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lady8i8 said...

Amazing!! Thanks so much for sharing. I'm glad I'm no the only one who was creating Poppies for Remembrance Day :)

Tammy in Cardinal, ON
www.iscrapnstamp.blogspot.com

Helen Dooley said...

This is a very beautiful card and the meaning for it is even better. Thank you to your military also. My family has such respect for the military and things they do for us. Great card. Thanks for sharing with For Fun!