Thursday, September 2, 2010

Princess Q

I'm back to one challenge at a time. I love the colou combo over at Colour Q this week. I pulled out my adorable Princess Shona image to make this card. The layout for this card was inspired by a card made by Silke Ledlow. Click here to see her original card. I think she used a border punch for the scallop edge, but I used my 1 1/4" circle punch and lined up all the circles to create a border look. I printed out the princess on white cardstock and on Tangerine Tango DSP. Then I cut out her dress, and coloured the rest in with markers, except the veil which I coloured in with watercolour pencils. What I really like about the layout of this card is all the white on white, which appears to be a signature of Silke Ledlow. I might have to try this myself in the future.
The Fun Stuff:
1. Stamps – Princess Shona, Broadsheet Alphabet
2. Paper – Whisper White, Greenhouse Gala DSP, Tangerine Tango DSP, Cherry Cobbler,
3. Punches – 1 ¼” circle, word window, large oval punch, label punch
4. Ink – Daffodil Delight, Bermuda Bay, Cherry Cobbler, Bashful Blue
5. Accessories - Stampin’ Dimensionals, Stampin’ Write Markers, ½” Polka Dot Grosgrain, Yellow Brads from Making Memories, Button and red ribbon from my stash.

3 comments:

Heidi said...

What a cute card! Love the way you used all those colors! My Granddaughter would LOVE that card, she's into princess' right now...I'll have to find that image!
Love your blog!

Arielle H Gordon said...

So CUTE, Sandra! Great paper piecing & I love that big ole scallop border and ribbon treatment! I always love visiting your blog, and we're so lucky that you play at the colourQ!!!

Unknown said...

Hi Friend! Oh how fun! You did a great job with the Colour Challenge this week at the CQC! Have a superb day!