Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Stampin Royalty Challenge #26

Today I'm sharing with you a card made for the current challenge over at Stampin' Royalty. This week's challenge is called 'Seeing Doubles'. The design team has done a fabulous job this week. Hop on over to Jody's blog to see what she has come up with.
I love, love LOVE the colours on this card. Purple and green - remember? What's special about this card is that the purple on the images is one of the new In Colours - Concord Crush. Now I don't have any cardstock or ribbon from the new catty yet, so I substituted with Elegant Eggplant (another fabulous purple). The patterened paper is from the new catty (Greenhouse Gala) and it's in another new In Colour - Pear Pizzaz. I can't wait for the new ink pads and paper to be available so that I can stamp without using my markers.
So now about Seeing Doubles. What I did was stamp one image twice - from the upcoming new Level 2 hostess set Cute By The Inch. I used my new Stampin' Write markers to use Concord Crush ink. Then I mounted both images on Elegant Eggplant squares and trimmed them down. Look below for more detail. The ribbons were layered ricrack over 1/4 inch grosgrain. Both are in Elegant Eggplant. And I doubled them up for a double look at doubled up ribbon. The base of the card is Wild Wasabi. I am thrilled to see this retired In Colour returning to the permanent line up. I have been rationing my stash of it from a few years past. So I hope to see you all over at Stampin' Royalty.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Beautiful card! I love the green!!!
Blessings,
Kim xXx