Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Practical Scrappers Punches

I got a picture of this little mermaid from somewhere and I'm afraid that I can't find the source of this idea. Anyway, I was able to figure out how to reproduce this lovely mermaid from the original picture. If you look at the photo above, you can see more details as to how she went together. The body is made from the large and small oval punches. I covered them with Fine Supernova glitter. The head and arms are made out of 2 circles of Blush Blossom punched with the 1 1/4 inch circle punch. The hair was made by punching Apricot Appeal with the Scallop Circle punch. I trimmed one circle to make the fringe. The flower in her hair is made with the Boho Blossoms punch. I covered it with Fine Cosmo glitter. The rhinestone is her hair is from the Circle Ice Rhinestone Brads.
I mounted the mermaid on a Hugs Sending Love Note. The background is made from 2 colours of the Chunky Glitter. I scooped the green and blue into my hand and spread them out on the glue. The sentiment was stamped from the Teeny Tiny Wishes set and mounted on Certainly Celery cardstock. The scallop shells were made as below.
I started by punching the scallop oval punch and cutting it into 2 pieces. Then I scored it with a bone folder as below.

Then I trimmed the edges to form the shape below.

I added small pieces to make more detail on the bottom.

4 comments:

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Sandra, she is the sweetest thing I have seen! Great job this week.

Deanne :)

Barb Craft said...

Sandra... how creative is this?!! Love how you used all your punches to create this little darling!! And LOVE the bling!!
Barb :)

Christy said...

I am totally digging all the blingyness!!! Is that a word??? Well it is now and that card is it! LOL

Heidi M said...

I totally love the mermaid you created!!! How clever and inspiring - way to go :)