Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Stampin Royalty Challenge #9


I had so much fun making this card. This week's challenge is a PICTURE PERFECT INSPIRATION. Basically, the challenge is to use the photo below to inspire your project. I was initially inspired by the row of pots. I decided that the My Matryoshka set brought out this concept nicely. I drew my colours from the pots and tried to show them in the order of the plant pots. The background was stamped with the small flower image and was meant to evoke the image on the wall in this photo below

The Fun Stuff:
1. Stamps: My Matryoshka, Season of Friendship
2. Ink: Old Olive, So Saffron, Really Rust, Brocade Blue, Real Red, Basic Black
3. Paper: Whisper White, Old Olive, So Saffron, Really Rust, Brocade Blue,
4. Accessories - Stampin' Dimensionals, Scallop Trim Border Punch, So Saffron 1/2" grosgrain (ret)

3 comments:

Three Trees said...

I love it! It doesn't get any funner than this :)

Deanne

Crystal said...

Wow...the colors are outstanding. A great match to the inspiration...must've taken quite awhile to color in all the mytroshkas! lol...tfs :)

Unknown said...

beautiful card!!!
I like the Matryoshka, great!!