Saturday, January 16, 2010

Vintage Label Swap


Recently I took part in a Stampin' Up! demonstrator only swap, organized by Marie Kirkwood, another demo who lives here on the North Shore. In case it isn't too obvious, that's the 'shore in my blog title. Well, anyway, this is my entry into the swap.
This swap was specifically designed for demonstrators so that we could prepare our samples for upcoming classes. We used sets from the Occasions Mini and the Sale-a-bration Catty. We were able to order from these catalogues a month before the general public, so there was plenty of time to prepare. Let me tell you, the swaps I have received are FAB-U-LOUS. And I can't wait to share them over the upcoming weeks with you.
Anyway, back to my swap. I used textured chocolate chip cardstock. Why textured for a swap??? Because I had TONS of it. As a demo we have the opportunity to buy in bulk occasionally and I happened to get a ton of Chocolate Chip Textured cardstock this way.
First I stamped the medalion stamp in chocolate chip for a tone-on-tone textured look. Then I attached some DSP (from Tea Party) and then ran a strip of Satin Organza ribbon down the middle of it.
I used a lot of different punches in this swap. The sentiment was stamped with the Vintage Label set (from SAB). All the labels from this set fit perfectly into various SU punches - totally cool!. So I punched it out with the scallop circle punch, and then punched out some pixie pink cardstock with the a 1 3/4" circle punch - the largest circle punch SU sells. I layered them together so that the pink kinda peeks through the scallops on the circle. Then it was popped up on dimensionals.
I used the Boho Blossoms punch to punch out more chocolate chip. The smalled flower was attached to the butterfly (from the Big Beautiful Butterfly Die for the Big Shot) I punched two holes with the paper piercing tool and put small silver brads through them.Then I sponged some Chocolate chip around the edge. and popped it up on dimensionals.
In the lower RH corner I attached a piece of pixie pink cardstock punched out with the 1" circle punch. Then I punched out the pink flower with the boho blossoms punch from the tea party DSP. I then attached the middle flower from the boho blossoms punch outs from the Chocolate Chip. I placed the 2 together and then punched two holes with the paper piercing tool like before. This time I threaded some linen thread through the holes and tied a knot. Kind of how you would thread a button. Then I popped this up on dimensionals on top of the pink circle. and Le Voila!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I just wanted you to know that your project will appear on the Yahoo Group Late Night Stamper’s blog finds of the day for January 18th. Want to receive your own copy of the blog finds of the day? Join us at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/stampinuplnstampers/ or visit our Blog Finds of the Day Blog at http://blogfindsoftheday.blogspot.com.