Friday, August 14, 2009

Fall Colour Throwdown


This card came about by combining the colour challenge from Color Throwdown and the layout challenge at Stamping 411 this week. When I first looked at the colours I was completely stumped. How to combine the earthy brown tones with skin colour and dark grey? Well I switched Really Rust for Dusty Durango (it's just a richer tone). The leaf was inked up using the rock 'n roll technique with Pumpkin Pie and Dusty Durango. Then after I stamped the leaf twice I sponged on the Blush Blossom to add some dimension to the image. Next I mounted it on Basic Black and then finished it up on Basic Grey Cardstock. I stamped the flower from Razzle Dazzle in Basic Grey Ink on Basic Grey Cardstock for a tone on tone effect. The ribbon is Dusty Durango 1/2" polka dot grosgrain.

No comments: