Friday, July 17, 2009

Autumn in July?


Why, oh why, am I making autumn themed cards in July? Well actually this card is for a contest in our demonstrator magazine Stampin' Success. And the winners will be printed in the October issue - thus the autumn theme. I knew I didn't have many fall or Halloween stamp sets that I could use, but I've been itching to use Trendy Trees for a while now. So first I went through splitcoast and looked at what others had done with trendy trees. I saw a few with Rock 'n Roll technique - which I used above on the 2 outside trees, but none where the leaves had been individually done with marker. So I decided to try both techniques. The card was supposed to be a regular 4 by 5 1/4 inch but the size kinda got away from me when I was putting it all together and it's more of a 6x6 card now. First I stamped the 'leaves' using the two techniques above, then I added the tree trunks with the help of a Stamp-ama-jig. Next I punched out the trees and mounted them on More Mustard. Then I played around with a few colour combos from Earth Elements until I came up with what you see here. The Brad's were added, the Old Olive was popped up on dimensionals and then I used the word window punch to punch out the space for the sentiment and then added it in on More mustard. Then I matted the entire thing on More Mustard to finish the look
Stamps: Trendy Trees. Ink: from Earth Elements palette using both ink pads and Stampin' Write markers. Paper: Whisper White, More Mustard, Old Olive, Close to Cocoa (textured), Chocolate Chip. Accessories: small silver brads, word window and 1 3/8' square punches.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

great ideas... great work..thanks for sharing.

___________________
Rozydesouza
Entertainment at one stop